Thursday, June 24, 2010

Tomorrow I see the Man of my dreams


I remember the first time I heard Maxwell's music. I had stayed home "sick" from school. I must have been in 5th or 6th grade at the time because it was before I was allowed to watch MTV. Naturally, I was putting my time at home to good use, and lounging in my sister's bed watching the forbidden channel. It was the beginning of a long love affair between me and the channel, where I would watch nearly any programming they played.

Maxwell Unplugged happened to be on. I was practically hypnotized. He was SO cute with the big fro, and his music was unbelievably soulful. Ever since that day I have been a fan. I own all four of his albums, and absolutely swoon for at least one song on each one. Sumthin Sumthin has been a long time favorite of mine. It has made it to many mixed cd's and playlists. Yet, the single of his latest album, Black Summer's Night, entitled "Pretty Wings" knocked me off my feet nearly as much as the first time I heard him sing. Yes, that is how good it is. Though I love him just a teensy little bit less without the fro.

Now he is performing a free concert tomorrow for the Today show in Rockefeller plaza. AND I'm going!! I am totally not a morning person, but I am dragging myself out of bed to make it at 7am. Watch for me in the audience. I'll be the one screaming "I love you Maxwell!" and looking like the super fan that I am. Check one more thing off the list if items required to make my life complete.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails