Monday, September 27, 2010

Cute Boots

What is an entire rainy day good for besides an excuse to stay in and watch HBO? Why an excuse to wear cute galoshes of course. No where else have I seen so many varieties of rain boots besides NYC. We walk everywhere here, and when it comes to keeping our feet dry, we mean business. I don't think I'll ever top the rain proof ensemble I had during college: brookstone umbrella, leggings (a rainy day's best friend), a matching GAP raincoat and rain hat, and bright red rain boots. But that will not stop me from trying. I'm always on the look out for ways to stay dry, and still look fashionable. The latest rain accessory I acquired? A white patent raincoat that I stole from my mom's closet with a ruffle along the bottom. Though it squeaks like crazy every time I sit on the subway, it is totally impermeable to the rain, and very mod-60's if I do say so myself.

I have never been one to spend a lot on a pair of rain boots that I plan to use mostly to stomp through dirty puddles. I've stuck with the same fire engine red pair for years. Though I've been checking out the varieties out there, and there are some that are so adorable I'm thinking of changing my ways. Check out my faves.

For years, I have been whining every time it is cold and it rains. Why can't someone make my Uggs magically waterproof so my feet can be warm, comfy, cradeled in fur and dry? Finally someone has heard my prayers and invented these shearling lined Ugg rain boots. Can't afford Uggs? Check out these handy fleece rain boot liners!

 Chloe went ahead and sassed up the old classic with some laces to keep things interesting, and a little heel to give the rubber shoe a little lady like flair.
How cute are these?? You can find them at DKNY, and they come in Gray, Red, and Purple. I love a bright color on a rainy day.

The height and fit at the top lengthens and slenderizes and leg. The more matte finish of the Hunter rain boot makes these the only pair I've seen people pull off for the entire day even after it stops raining. Something about them makes me want to take a romp through the English country side. How about you?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails