Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Finally it's acceptable to wear jean on jean!

Now, don't get me wrong, I am not condoning a full on denim tuxedo. You know who you are, it is not cute. But I am pretty darn excited that two of my favorite fashion magazines (InStyle and Glamour) have declared this month that it is finally ok to break the denim on top, jeans on the bottom barrier.

I've been rocking this look for a while, my distressed Rocawear jean jacket with my average Gap and G-Unit jeans. And though my friends gently mocked me throughout college, they agreed that though in concept they considered the look wrong I managed to pull it off. Or at least that's what they told me because I insisted on wearing it anyways.

But now I have two valued sources of fashion wisdom to back me up! This is still a high risk area for those who are not fashion savvy. However, the general rule is to mix up your denim. Don't go same rinse, same cut top to bottom. Mix boyfriend jeans with a cropped jacket, darks with faded. Wear jean on jean to your hearts content. I know I will be!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails