Thursday, July 2, 2009

Lip Stains are No Joke


During my latest run of impulse buying, I purchased a tube of Cover Girl Outlast Lip Stain. Now, I admit, I am extremely susceptible to advertisements, and after seeing about 28,000 commercials in which Drew Barrymore flaunts her lusciously pink lips with color that never fades during today's Burn Notice marathon I was sold. I had to have it. Maybe it was because I just found out that Drew went to Bonnaroo, which ups her cool points and credibility in my book, or maybe it was the promise of a perfect pout for hours and hours at the beach that won't rub off on the coors lights that I plan on pounding this holiday weekend.

So, during the next commercial break, rather than watching yet another round of Drew flouncing around talking about how great it was I decided to run out to CVS, buy a tube, and try it out for myself. As an added bonus, with my purchase I won $2 in ExtraCare bucks for my next purchase. I guess that's what that little red card on my key chain is for after all.

After much debate about which shade to choose, I rejected Wild Berry Wink and Plum Pout, and settled on a tube that was a pleasing pinkish orange. I rushed home, so as not to miss a minute of the last episode in the marathon, and tore open the plastic packaging like a kid on Christmas, absolutely dying to see if it lived up to my expectations.

Well, this little lip stain, which, true to Cover Girl's claims is nothing like lipstick looks like a tiny magic marker. It smells a little better, but the application process is much the same as coloring within the lines. And the color is bright, vivid and apparently permanent. When they called it a stain, they weren't kidding. I have eaten a slice of pizza, had a few glasses of wine, with not tell tale lip print on the glass I might add, and my lips are still the same shade. The color has not budged a bit, and I'm beginning to think my pout will be Coy Coral forever and ever. I guess I'd better get a tan quick!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails