Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Color Me Excited!




Bonnaroo 2010 has announced its lineup! And it is fantastic. Though it veers away from the more hippie focused vibes of former years towards more pop/hip hop standbys, I for one, am not complaining. As long as they don't touch the peace, love, and happiness anything goes vibe I don't mind a bit.


I went to Bonnaroo last year for the first time, and not to sound cliche, it changed my life a little bit. It' s a back to basics respect for other people who are just all gathered in the same place to enjoy the same thing, some damn good music that links the hundreds of thousands who flock to Manchester, Tennessee together. Though I don't know if I will be able to attend this year yet, due to it's very close proximity to a good friend's wedding, here's to hoping that I will.

On the hip hop end, we have Jay Z, Wale, Damien Marley and Nas, Kid Cudi and I guess Stevie Wonder would fit into this category too? I am an ultimate fan of Jay Z. If I could steal hova from Beyonce. On the relax and listen to some lady crooning we've got Ingrid Michaelson, Norah Jones, Regina Spektor, and the ultimate angry femme Tori Amos. For those of us who liked "punk" music in high school there's Weezer (who knew they even still performed?) but I'm excited for the throwback. There's Blitzen Trapper, OK Go, THE DEAD WEATHER (if I can find out where Jack White is staying I'm there), and She & Him. For pop, there's Michael Franti and Kings of Leon. Filling the slot of the band I will avoid seeing at all costs, and the crowd that will just be downright annoying (it was Phish last year) is Dave Matthews Band.


Just like last year, the only problem I forsee having during my three days of music soaked bliss is how I can possibly make it to see every performance I want to hear.


Check out the complete line-up here: http://bonnaroo.com/artists.aspx


My goal between now and then is to find an appropriately sparkly hoola hoop and learn to hoola dance before June 10th. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Organic Meatbag said...

That Flaming Lips playing "DSOTM" sounds very intriguing, but ughhhh...Dave Matthews? Puke machine, right there...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails