Thursday, July 28, 2011

Rolling into Summer


Get out your neon hot pants, and get ready to pretend it’s the early 90’s. No, I’m not promoting becoming a hipster, I actually have a good reason! Uniqlo is making my dreams come true and bringing a roller rink to NYC (albeit temporarily). The 8,000 square foot oval is opening today under the High Line and has moved to the top of my to-do list for the weekend. The first 500 skaters today through Saturday get in free. After that it’s $12 for admission including skate rental. Enter at West 30th street and 10th Avenue. $12 for a flashback to roller skating parties of my youth, and pretending to be a roller disco diva for a few hours? A bargain if you ask me. If only they handed out little gummy bracelets and stickers as prizes to the best skaters. Sigh. And when you’re too sweaty to skate any more, pop up to the high line and lounge in one of their reclining chairs with a refreshing beverage.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails