Saturday, February 14, 2009

Umbrella Today?

So, I've gotten lazy about checking the weather. It all started to go downhill once I didn't have a window that looked out on the street. In college I used to slide by by checking my roommates outfits, or peering out to see what people outside are wearing to gauge how warmly or cooly I should dress. These days, sometimes I don't even look out the window before leaving for work, which thanks to global warming messing with me, has led to some wildly inappropriate outfits as of late.

There have been the 50 degree days in the middle of winter, when I go out wearing my down coat, and the random snowstorms that catch me by surprise in my clogs which tend to take in alot of slush. It's just too easy to walk out the door without your umbrella living in NYC, when you count on those random Asian men that seem to appear out of no where hawking umbrellas at the first drop of a storm. But, those days when its really coming down, there's no umbrella man in sight, and it's impossible to get a cab, I really regret not just opening up my Gmail homepage and looking for a little raindrop or picture of the sun to warn me of what's to come.

Luckily for me, someone has taken all the guesswork out of the weather for me, and I will never have to take responsibilty for remembering my own umbrella again.

At this webpage: http://umbrellatoday.com/,

aptly titled Umbrella Today? You just enter your location and phone number and they will text you at a decided time whenever rain is in the forecast, gently suggesting that you might want to throw on some rainboots and toss your mini umbrella in your bag. It doesn't get much better than that.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails