Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Is apple using their Genius on my shuffle?

I have a question. Does Apple had the iPod programmed so that when you are listening to shuffle, it bases it’s selections off the first song that you choose, similar to the idea behind the genius playlist? Because today, for example, I selected K’naan, “The African Way” as my first shuffle song since I was listening to it earlier, but then it shut off. Then the next song that came up was “No Letting Go” by Wayne Wonder and Diwali Riddim. It was followed by “Fu-Gee-La” by The Fugees. They are all in the ska/reggae beat. It happened to me this morning too. The first song up when I hit shuffle was a “Girls Just Wanna Have Fun” the Cam’ron version. 50 Cent directly followed it, and rap continued to pop up until I started skipping songs, then there was a genre change.

Is that why shuffle is so great sometimes? It adjusts the songs to meet your listening needs? I would LOVE it if apple would install a Like and Dislike button to their shuffle function like Pandora does. Then you get the best of both worlds, all music that you already know you like (since it's on YOUR iPod), but streamlined to what you are in the mood for at the time. Take note Apple! And while you’re at it, throw an FM Radio listening function in there. If my cell phone can do it, you should be able to too. Make the nearly perfect gadget totally perfect.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails