Friday, April 16, 2010

It's my birthday!

I was just listening to that Tim McGraw song, “My Next 30 Years,” and it got me started thinking about what I want my next 25 year to be like. In the words of Tim McGraw,
I think I’ll take a moment, celebrate my age, the ending of an era and the turning of a page, now it’s time to focus in on where I go from here, lord have mercy on my next twenty five years. Here are 25 things I would put in my song, to accomplish in my next 25 years, if I was a country singer:

1. Travel to Thailand, China, Japan, Bali, Egypt, Poland, India, South Africa, and other exotic nations
2. Go sky diving
3. Take a hot air balloon ride
4. Visit the rainforest
5. Take a road trip across the U.S.A.
6. Go skiing out west
7. Get a dog, or 4
8. Learn to salsa dance
9. Write a book
10. Find myself a hubby and have a fabulous wedding
11. Win the lottery (I can dream!)
12. Make/Actually finish a quilt
13. Own many more diamonds than I currently do
14. Buy a house in the country on a lake with a big porch and rocking chairs
15. Drive a Ferrari
16. Swim in the Dead Sea
17. Volunteer for OxFam
18. Have a job I enjoy (most of the time at least)
19. Have my own secret recipes that people want to get their hands on
20. Go zorbing. If you don’t know what it is, google it.
21. Ride an ostrich
22. Grow my own gardenia bush
23. Go to another music festival
24. Hike a section of the Appalachian trail
25. Try hot yoga

Even if I don’t accomplish half of these 25 things, I can only hope that my next 25 years will be as happy, and healthy as the past 25. I know that with all the fabulous family and friends I have surrounding me, I’m off to a good start.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails