Sunday, November 14, 2010

The Unexamined Life

I have a friend who is always asking me deep questions about life. We'll just be having a regular chat, and then she surprises me out of nowhere with one of these bad boys:

-What qualities does your ideal husband have?
-Why do you live in the city you live in?
-What are your passions in life?
-Why do you do the job you do?
-What are your aspirations for the next 5 years? Where you you want to be?
-What do you want to do?

Most times I have to stop and think before I can respond. Yet, each time I appreciate her taking my mind off of a shopping trip or what I'm having for lunch for a little introspection to keep my goals in check. If you're feeling thoughtful on a Sunday evening. Think about it. what do you really want out of your life? Are you taking steps towards getting it?

Just a little food for thought.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails