Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Buyer Beware: Nike Vapor Headphones suck


Do not buy these headphones. The are Nike Vapor headphones, and let me tell you, the website gives an enticing description. Don't let it fool you. I received them for Christmas this year. I picked them out because I heard they were good for running. Well, good for running they were. Until they stopped working piece by piece until now I have a set of totally non-functional headphones that are torturing me by keeping me from listening to my ipod at work.

The headphones themselves are very short, to accommodate putting your ipod in an arm strap, or holding it while you run, without a lot of extra cord flapping around. The genius part was that they came with a radio cord (I think that’s what its called?) that extends the headphones length just enough so I can put my ipod in my purse and still have them reach my ears, or balance it in the cup holder of the elliptical so I can read my magazine with my hands free.

First the radio cord went. It was an inconvenience, but I managed. I could no longer set my ipod on the machines at the gym, or drop it in my bag. No, I had to constantly be holding it while in motion. It was a pain on my commute, but I could still set it on my desk and listen, and it really wasn’t too bad to have to hold it. It made changing songs convenient.

Then the right earphone stopped working. This really pissed me off, but I have been far too busy to run out and buy a new set, so I made do. It’s better than no music at all.

Today, only 6 months after their purchase, they are completely broken and useless. I had to borrow my roommate’s ear buds just to go to the gym tonight, and I am mad. I take fairly good care of my headphones. I at least take enough care of them that they should last more than 6 months. Is that really how disposable we are making everything these days? 6 months, then buy a new set, you’ll probably be sick of them anyways. Well, I was a little sick of them, and I do want new headphones, but I wanted it to be on my schedule, not Nike’s. Don’t fall into the same trap I did. Keep away from these awful headphones.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails