Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Liquid Powder gets an extra aqua blast

Ever since I started wearing makeup, I've been using Cover Girl Ultimate Finish Liquid Powder. What can I say? I've never really had bad skin, and I'm a sucker for cheap make-up that does the trick. Foundation was way too heavy. I just needed light smoothing out, not total coverage. Yet I found powder to be rather useless. It didn't even look like I put anything on. Then I discovered this gem, and lo and behold! They even had it in a pale enough shade (Ivory) to match my skin tone. It is as easy to apply as powder, but with a little more substance. Cover Girl calls it liquid powder because it's like a cross between compacted powder and liquidy foundation. I also found that it worked as under eye cover up too if you applied it close to your lower lid, since it blends so seamlessly.

AND THEN...I went to Duane Reade on my lunch break the other day for a new compact. Ultimate Finish Liquid Powder was no where in sight. Instead I see a panel full of Aquasmooth Compact Foundation in its place. Since the name was so similar, I assumed that Cover Girl had done away with Liquid Powder and replaced it with the snazzier sounding Aquasmooth.
So, I bought one and called it a day, assuming it would be mostly the same product. After consulting the Cover Girl website, it turns out it is not. They still make Liquid Powder, apparently my drug store just doesn't carry it. Now typically I'd be annoyed at having switched to a new product unwittingly, but I have to say I kind of like it.

It is just a slightly more foundation laden blend, so that if you dip the sponge in, it's more liquid than powder. I like it better. It goes on faster, and provides more coverage without the need for multiple coats. And with all the late nights I've been working these past couple weeks, it's really done a fantastic job hiding the circles that have developed under my eyes. It is slightly more gooey though, and now that I now I can have my old standby back again? I'll most likely go back. Old habits die hard.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails