Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Family Resemblance

Did you know that actress Mamie Gummer is Meryl Streep's (and Don Gummer's) daughter? Because I didn't even know that the best actress of all time had any offspring. I've been watching Mamie in ABC's Off the Map for the past few months, and failed to make the connection.
In the island adventure medical drama (think Lost meets Grey's Anatomy), Mamie plays Dr. Mina Minard one of several tortured souls (I mean doctors) who have all fled some sort of tragic past in the United States for a fresh start practicing medicine in a remote island clinic. I know, it sounds terrible, and it may possibly be cancelled/not renewed after the close of its first season 4/7, but what can I say? Grey's Anatomy's plots have been ho hum ever since Izzy left the show, and I need a medical drama to fill the void.
Now that I know, I can definitely pick out the family resemblance. The only question is, do we think that Mamie inherited her momma's legendary acting skills?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails