Thursday, August 5, 2010

Shake Shack in Madison Square Park= Joy


I went to Shake Shack for the first time ever today. I know. I have been living in NYC for nearly 7 years now, and I have never made it to this city institution. And I have no excuse. I work oh, about a 5 minute walk, if I’m meandering from one of their locations. It was the perfect afternoon for it. In case you don’t know what it is, it’s essentially just what the name says. It’s a little place that only serves burgers and fries, hot dogs, ice cream, and shakes, but everyone is obsessed with it because it is so good.

I had the Shack burger, and a black and white milkshake. Both were just divine. I don’t really know how to describe it. The burger was really just a burger, but it was hot and juicy and delicious on a tasty bun. The milkshake was the perfect blend of chocolately and vanillay.

Now I understand why there is ALWAYS a line around the park to get at this yumminess. I think that the wait even made it better. You are just standing there getting hungrier and hungrier, thinking about how good it is going to be once you get it. The anticipation adds to the flavor. My only regret is that I didn’t get two milkshakes: one to go along with my meal, and one for the walk back to the office, oh, and a side of cheese fries. Yes, they were that good.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails