Thursday, January 6, 2011

My Lipgloss is Poppin


Everyone has one, that lip gloss that was their favorite when they were a teen, but then they somehow lost track of---maybe it was discontinued, maybe you graduated to lipstick, or maybe you just forgot you ever liked it in the first place. I’ve had many lip glosses that I’ve loved. It all started with Lip Smackers in sugary flavors like Cotton Candy and Dr. Pepper. However, their chapsticky, fast fading shine didn’t really do it for me.

So, I branched out. I wore Bath and Body Works Dewdrop gloss complete with a fancy wand to apply it rather than a tube you screw up when it wears down. It was love. Shiny, thick clear gloss at any mall. Then they discontinued it.

Now that I’m a little older, I still enjoy lip shine. Even when I wear a lip tint, or stain, my pout just doesn’t seem complete without a little gloss to top it off. Yes, I am one of the ladies in my 20’s who has not yet started wearing lipstick. It just looks weird.

These days I like DuWop Lip Venom brand, in original. In the positive, it’s a clear, not too sticky shine it makes my lips a little fuller, and it smells like cinnamon. Yet, it’s ultra-tiny tube has a habit of getting lost a day or two after I buy it, it’s a little pricey, and when I inevitably get it in my mouth, my tongue gets a little numb from the plumping ingredients. Not satisfied.

Then, I was doing a major clean of my childhood room while I was home for the holidays. And I came across a tin of my old standby, Candy Kisses buried in the bottom of an old purse from High School. A series of thoughts went racing through my head.

How could I have ever forgotten about this glorious gloss? Won’t my friends think this is hilarious? Do they even still make this stuff? I wonder if its still good?

I opened up the tin (still magically sealed in plastic), and gave it a try. Magic! After many years of sitting in the dark unused, it is still fabulous gloss. I’ve been carting it around in my purse for the past couple weeks, and my love has been renewed.  Let’s just say I’m hooked again. It has SPF. It smells delicious. If you happen to get some in your mouth, it has a delightful taste. And lucky me! It was my favorite flavor (strawberry) I happened upon. I was pondering how I’d live without it, and what I’ll do when I use up this tin. I haven’t come across it in stores for years.

A couple minutes of googling and I had my answer. Candy Kisses still exists! AND there are more flavors than I even knew existed. Mango? Peach? Chocolate Mint? YUM! And you can order it in quantities ranging from 1 tin to 12 in a package. AND at $10.50 for 6 tins, it’s a bargain. Just beware, bubble gum smells gross. Vanilla is a little too white, watermelon is a little too pink, strawberry is juuuussst right. The company doesn’t test on animals, use any animal products in their gloss, and as a bonus, if you don’t use it all at once, it will last for many many years, and still be just as fab when you happen upon it again. Take a little trip down memory lane.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails