Monday, August 1, 2011

What I Wore Book Party

Last Wednesday I attended the What I Wore Book Party. I have to say, it was a lovely affair. It took place at the DKNY Soho store. I shopped. I drank free champagne handed to me in fancy glasses from handsome men.
And most importantly, I had the opportunity to meet the lovely Jessica Quirk. That's me on the left! Jessica's husband took the photo, and she posted it on her blog today.
I purchased her book, and had a chat about blogging with her.
She wrote me a darling message, and even complimented me on my outfit. What a delight.
Naturally I have already finished the book. It's chock full of handy tips for picking outfits for each season, and the drawings are gorgeous. Things I've learned:

  • A pattern is woven into fabric
  • A print is a design printed on top of the fabric
  • Accessory organization is an art
  • Those velvet covered hangers I have to keep clothes from slipping? They're called flocked
  • There's another person in the world who uses wine bottles to keep their boots upright
My recommendation, if you're looking to reinvent your wardrobe, pick up the book! And check out her review of the book party here.

2 comments:

ATF said...

wow such a great night! :)

Unknown said...

I'm so jealous! I love her, she's darling! I bought one of her posters with some of the beautiful drawings from the book! Love it and the book way too much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails