Thursday, February 17, 2011

Borders is BANKRUPT?!


I wrote about book stores going out of style all the way back in August in this post, but I never thought it would really truly happen! I love a good book store: wandering the aisles, looking at the cute stationary, getting a coffee and reading in the wonderful quiet. Yet just this morning I happened to notice that on the train to work, there were more people reading e-readers than real books. I had my paperback, but the lady to my left had an iPad, and the lady to my right had a Nook. Then I get to my desk and BAM in my email inbox is the letter below from the CEO of Borders explaining how they filed for bankruptcy yesterday. All I can say is NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I hoped this day would never come. And if a large corporation like Borders is struggling, I can't imagine the impact all this e-reading is having on smaller, local merchants.I feel like Meg Ryan in You've Got Mail. Go buy a book, and save a literary tradition!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails