Tuesday, February 15, 2011

JewelMint in Review



This is the bracelet I just received from JewelMint. I completed a style profile when I first read about the site in Lucky magazine (and blogged about it here), and have been receiving emails with personalized style/jewelry selections ever since. I was intrigued by the whole concept of the site, jewelry at “drastically reduced” prices for only $29.99 a piece with free shipping. Seems like a deal! I got an email from the site with this piece, the Bella Bracelet a couple weeks ago, and bought it instantly on impulse. You know those jangly anklets that hippies tend to wear that make a slight bell noise with every step? I have 3. I don’t know why, I love a musical piece of jewelry. This bracelet is pretty much those anklets for your wrist, and slightly prettier.


It just screamed me. The suggestions are to pair it with a bohemian flowy top to shop with your girlfriends. SOLD.

So, I joined, and read the fine print. After you make your first purchase, they automatically charge you for one credit ($29.99) between the first and the fifth of every month, unless you log in and decline the credit for the period. You can then put this credit towards any jewelry item. To unsubscribe? You have to call customer service. No big deal, I knew what I was signing on for.

This bracelet was normally marked at $109.99, and as a member, you get the discounted price of $29.99. Yea right it cost over a hundred bucks is all I have to say. I don’t know anyone who would ever pay that much for this little bauble even if Kate Bosworth wore it before shipping. I like it, don’t get me wrong, but the trick of showing a slashed price to make you think you’re getting high quality jewelry for a song? It just makes Kate Bosworth look a little dumb. Let's call things what they are here.

I like the bracelet. Was it worth $30? Sure. Will I continue my membership for now? Yep. Do I still love the concept and Kate? Of course. But, one of the O rings already came undone in the velvet bag  it came in, and I had to use my own jewelry pliers to close it again. I haven’t even tried it on . High quality jewelry? I think not.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails