Thursday, February 24, 2011

Yogi Tea

I'm not much of a tea drinker. I tend to associate it with being sick. I only ever drank it with lemon and honey when I had a terrible sore throat and my mom brought me a mug while I lay on the couch. I've tried to find teas I like with limited success. Chamomile flower tea is quite tasty (for tea). Harney Hot Cinnamon Sunset black tea blend of orange, cloves, and cinnamon is a delightful exception that I enjoy when I can find it. English Breakfast tea with milk is good, but I think mostly because it reminds me of a mild form of coffee. No flavor has really wowed me enough to take the place of the main hot beverage in my life (read: coffee or espresso). Quite frankly, it's mostly because despite the different taste, and all the wonderful healing properties of tea, well, it just doesn't have enough caffeine to make it worth me drinking it.

Then I sampled Yogi Super Antioxidant Green Tea. Someone gifted me a box of it, and one day when the office machine was out of all the good flavors of coffee, I decided why not? I'll give it a try. It's better than nothing.

It has lemongrass, licorice root, alfalfa leaf, jasmine leaf, dandelion root, grapeseed extract and irish moss powder. Typically when I drink Green Tea, I add honey or at least a squeeze of lemon to make it's otherwise bland taste drinkable. When iced, I like some papaya juice to sweeten it up. But, I was at work here, and had no special flavorings to add. I'd have to be satisfied with the little quite on the tea bag tag. Weirdly enough, the flavor kind of reminds me of fruity pebbles. And I like it! I actually finished the bags I had, and bought a new box because I can have a taste of my childhood with the bonus of restoring youthful energy (not sure if that's true) and rejuvenating. It at least fights off a little afternoon drowsiness when coffee can't be found. Check out their varieties here, and maybe you'll discover your inner tea lover (or liker) too.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails