Friday, February 11, 2011

Krause's Candy

I don’t have much of a sweet tooth. Ok, that’s not totally true. I love really ridiculously sugary beverages like slushies and all kinds of sodas. But baked goods? Well, I just don’t crave them that often. Cake? I don’t really like it that much. Candy? Every now and again. Yet there are some sweets, no matter what my mood, that I simply cannot resist.

Nutella is one. I can’t keep it in the house, or it goes from buying yummy things to dip in it, to eating it on toast, to spoonfuls for a snack to just dipping my finger in the jar. Don’t judge me, you know you’ve done it too.

Another? Krause’s homemade chocolate. It’s a local delicacy from near where I grew up. They’ve been in business since 1929, when the original Krause brought his chocolate making skills over to the U.S. from Germany. All of their candy is homemade and delicious. It’s a little taste of heaven, and home at the same time. And it just keeps making its way into my life. The candy fairy is really looking out.

First, I come into work to find a giant bar of Krause’s on my desk as a thank you from a co-worker. Next a big package of chocolate and gummy candies arrives in the mail. It just keeps finding its way to my door, and shortly thereafter my belly. It’s been a treat.

I used to think that Krause’s was only something I could indulge in when I was home for the weekend, of if I conned my parents into sending me some. But guess what? They deliver! Check out their website here. I recommend the sour pucker ups and anything milk chocolate (especially the turtles!).

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails