Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Al Roker Pranks ME at the Wax Museum


I recently visited Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum with my sister, cousin, and grandmother. I live in NYC, but my guilty pleasure is doing touristy stuff like this whenever I get the chance, and I really wanted to see what it was all about.

When you walk into the first room, it's unsettling. All of the wax figures in the exact size and likeness of famous people are posed around the room, obviously not moving, just staring. It makes you feel as if you are being watched by many eyes, and that they could jump to life at any moment. In the first few rooms, we were a little nervous around the characters, puzzling about who some of them were, but maintaining our distance, and evaluating which ones looked more lifelike than others. I mean, what else are you supposed to talk about in a wax museum?

We had toured the first three floors of the wax museum, posing with historical figures, movie stars, and singers for fun. Then we enter some of the last rooms. By this point, we are totally comfortable with the unnerving similarity these wax people have to actual humans. I stand puzzling at how lifelike Al Roker is, examining his figure. You'll see in the clip, he really does look like he's made of wax. Then I notice he looks like he is sweating, and marvel aloud about how they managed to make Al Roker's wax person look sweaty. Then, SURPRISE! He's a real person, and it was caught on hidden camera-lol-always how I wanted to make my television debut.

Many of my friends and relatives called and texted me today to tell me that I was on the TODAY show, and I knew the clip had finally aired. I'm the one talking about how sweaty he looks. It was hilarious at the time, and still a funny story to tell, we all laughed all day about what a good scare he gave us.

AND I learned a fun fact. Madame Tussaud's wax figures are made out of a special wax blend so that when they become warm they do not melt, but release beads of sweat, very similar to human perspiration. Go figure, even if he was wax, Al Roker still could have been sweating.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails