Thursday, November 19, 2009

Max Brenner, a man I have finally discovered!


I have lived in NYC for a little over 5 years now, and I have just discovered a man and his chocolate that I have been missing out on the entire time I've lived here. That man is Max Brenner, and I am obsessed with this bald man's chocolate. I mean, really, it is SO good. It all started with a weird coincidence. My roommate was going to meet a family friend for dinner at his restaurant, and happening into his booth in the Union Square Christmas shops.
I went into the booth because I was like hmm....that's weird, that's where my roommate is at dinner right now, and my friend who I was with nearly lost it when she realized that I had never heard of Max Brenner. They handed me a sample of caramelized pecans, in praline cream and rolled in cocoa powder and I was sold. It is one of the most delicious things I've tasted, and I think I am going to get tins of them for everyone for Christmas this year. Then I saw that they had a little snack booth, serving chocolate syringes, chocolate pizza, and hot chocolate.
The chocolate syringe is hot melty milk chocolate ganache that you squirt directly into your mouth. The hot chocolate is the thick european style that begs something sweet to dip into it and needs another beverage to wash it down. But I decided to try the chocolate pizza. It is a slightly sweetened dough, with thick milk and white chocolate melted all over the top of it. Though i do recommend sharing it with a friend, it is absolutely fantastic. It will satisfy your chocolate craving for a week, at least. I am definitely going to the restaurant as soon as I get a chance.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails