Saturday, November 21, 2009

Thanksgiving

This year I decided to take the lead on planning my family's thanksgiving dinner. I'm tired of the old stand by's that we make every year, so I took it upon myself to search out a new menu. So far this is what I've come up with:
-Turkey (of course)
-Cranberry Sauce
-Hazelnut Chard Ravioli (the vegetarian main course) topped with squash croutons, recipe found here: http://www.101cookbooks.com/archives/hazelnut-chard-ravioli-salad-recipe.html
-New Age Green Beans, a recipe I came across in family circle cookbook that involves a brie cheese cream sauce, walnuts, and cremini mushrooms
-Creamed Spinach-I've never tried making it, but I always love it
-Sweet Potato Souffle
-Chipotle Mashed Potatoes
-AND of course, Aunt Helen's Pumpkin Pumpkin Pie

I plan on making all of these, except the pumpkin pie, which is really not the same unless my mom makes it. I'm not sure if its a good idea to try all new recipes on Thanksgiving, but it will be exciting at the very least.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails