Saturday, September 11, 2010

Acqua Di Parma Magnolia Nobile


Last night at Fashion's Night Out, after sipping some Belvedere cocktails at DKNY, we found ourselves meandering across the street to Barney's to check out the scene there. We were on the hunt for cologne for a friend's birthday. The sales person was fantastic. He let us smell nearly every scent they had, and after picking out the cologne we wanted, turned to try to sell us some perfume to treat ourselves.  I typically rotate between Dior Pure Poison and Stella McCartney Rose Absolute, so I wasn't really on the market for a new perfume. But then. The salesman spritzed some of Acqua di Parma's Magnolia Nobile on my wrist, and the wrists of my two friends. We all fell in love at first sniff. I couldn't stop raising my wrist to my nose to take another whiff. Most times when I'm perfume shopping, a scent that smells good on one person smells terrible on another. The smells morph when they hit your body chemistry and change on each person.

I was surprised. I am very picky about perfumes. Many are too strong, and give me a headache. Some turn my stomach. It is difficult for me to find one I like enough to wear every day. And, while I admire magnolias for their beauty, I had no idea they had a scent.

This perfume brings out the most pure, and "noble" aspects of the magnolia flower, and blends its scent with Italian Citron, Bergamot, Lemon, Arabian Jasmine, Bulgarian Rose, Tuberose, Sandalwood,Vetvier, Patchouli, and (Ew) Vanilla. There is nothing I loathe more that vanillay perfumes, but this particular scent is so seamlessly blended that all you get is inhale and ahhhh. All three of us were itching to buy a bottle on the spot. We even considered breaking the cardinal rule of not wearing the same perfume as your friends. It is that good.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails