Friday, September 17, 2010

No Smoking on the Beach

 
Earlier this week, Mayor Bloomberg extended the ban on smoking from indoors to a major outdoor public space: the beach. In addition to no longer being able to smoke in clubs, bars, and restaurants, smokers will no longer be able to light up while lounging in the sand. Smoking is now officially against the law on NYC's 14 miles of beach, and in 1,700 parks, playgrounds, and recreational facilities. Score 1 for the environment! And for fresh air! Yay for no longer getting cig butts stuck between my toes when I'm walking on the beach! With prices rising, and spaces for smoking dwindling, it really must suck to be a smoker these days.

1 comment:

Queen Anne said...

I know I should be supportive of this but you know how I love a cigarette on the beach! Dammit, Bloomberg...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails