Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Fortune Cookie Wisdom

Isn't it funny how much fun it is to break open a dessert at the end of a meal and find a little piece of advice? I don't even eat fortune cookies. I think they taste gross, but I am always the first to crack it open to find the little paper inside. Sometimes they are spot on. It makes you wonder if the waiter picked that cookie out for you, or if the winds of destiny are blowing your way.

Best fortune I've gotten: Don't wait for your ship to come in. Swim out to it.

Everyone needs a kick in the pants to get going now and again right?

Weirdest fortune I've gotten: Someone is thinking kinky thoughts about you.

This one was from Tao (also known as the restaurant with the giant Buddha inside). Maybe they make "funny" fortunes to entertain their guests. Otherwise it was just a little strange.

Here's some other good ones I came across:
So true.

Aaannd the fortune I hope to receive next time I open up a cookie.
What's the best/worst fortune you've ever received?

3 comments:

Marie said...

Oh my, I don't know where to start, I've gotten quite a few good fortune.:D

Love all these that you've posted and I'm like you, I get excited to crack one and read!:D

***** Marie *****
allthingsmarie.com

Mimi said...

oh my gosh, i don't know either... i used to save all the good ones i get, but it's been such a long time that the words faded. :/ but yup, like you, i get excited when we get fortune cookies! i grab the first one that i see. :D

<3, Mimi
http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

ATF said...

i never had the opportunity to come across one of these cookies, i'm really curious to find out one day what "fortune" has for me :P

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails