Sunday, September 26, 2010

Bolivian Women Wrestlers


I first saw this video on Yes & Yes. I must admit, I have a special spot in my heart for Bolivia ever since I spend 2 weeks there chaperoning a trip of undergrads from my Alma Mater. The countryside, the spirit of the people, and the beauty of the Andes left their mark. I spent most of my time there learning about Bolivian culture, and had the opportunity to meet a Shaman and many locals of Cochabamba. Check out this trailer for a movie about Carmen Rosa, an indigenous Bolivian woman who broke in to the male dominated world of Bolivian wrestling.

1 comment:

FunnyFaceBeauty said...

Wow that looks really interesting. Its weird seeing woman wrestling with each other, especially because it looks so violent but then again its a great way to support themselves and their families. I love documentaries so I will definitely be checked this out when it comes out.
Thanks so much for sharing
:) Alicia

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails