Wednesday, March 31, 2010

As anyone who has ever lived with me already knows



When I really like a song, I tend to play it over and over and over and over again until I get sick of it, or at least get the obsession out of my system for a little while. Today, the song of the day was this song, "I Need a Dollar," the theme song to my new favorite show How to Make it in America by Aloe Blacc. It really makes me love the ipod function (you know the one, the little circle with a 1 on it) that allows you to just repeat one song. I must have listened to it about 100 times today. I'm not sick of it yet.


Though, I must admit, after checking out the iTunes store for other songs by Aloe Blacc--I have an iTunes gift card to spend--I'm not impressed by his other work. The beats are highly electronic, and lack the old-time feel of the song above. It's a weird cross between R-kelly (the new stuff, not the good stuff), Enrique Iglesias, and John Legend. Try Patria Mia for a little latin feel, Caged Birdsong for some hip hop flavor, and Are you ready for the R Kelly imitation. You'll see what I mean. There are a couple gems that don't totally suck though. I might actually download Caged Birdsong and On Inna (short for one in a million), which is by far the closest thing to "I need a dollar" on the whole album.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails