Wednesday, March 24, 2010

My flat boots are becoming Slouchy boots

Recently I bought a pair of Vintage America Nine West boots. They are the Fiddle style pictured above. I had been holding out on joining the flat boot trend for a long time. Generally, I tend to wear really really ridiculously high heels (especially in boots), and didn’t like the idea or the look of the flat boots. But gradually my foot aches from walking everywhere in my 4 inch heeled cognac colored Steve Maddens had me looking for a break, and a black pair to complement my wardrobe. I had done a big closet cleaning and tossed several pairs of old boots, so it was time to start anew. Why not try something different?

I went shopping for flat black boots. I searched high and low, and could not find any that I even remotely liked. Then I spotted these gems, and it was love at first sight. The scallopped leather border up the side with little copper colored grommets dressed them up a little (and just happened to match my fave pair of copper earrings), and the wide top meant I could wear them with jeans or skirts with ease.

I love them, and wear them everywhere without a foot pain in sight. They work for the office, and on the weekends with more casual attire. However, after a few months of wear, they are starting to slouch. They bag around my ankles like loose stockings. I’m not sure what to do about it. It takes their dressiness factor down a lot, and they just don’t look as nice. What to do....

1 comment:

Queen Anne said...

Put wine bottles in them when you store them to keep them upright. They'll probaby still slouch on your feet but this will help retain the shape.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails