Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Excuse me, did you forget something? Pants perhaps?


I have said it before, and I will say it again. Leggings are not pants. I love leggings as much, and probably more than the next girl, especially since they come in so many cool colors and prints lately. They are incredibly comfortable, and make it possible to wear my favorite clothing choice (dresses) all year round. Yet, leggings come with rules, and I don’t understand why so many people don’t abide by them. This is not the 80’s. Spandex is still not cool. No one wants to see the full outline of your vajay, or butt (even if it is tiny enough not to look absurd in stretch pants). If you are going to wear leggings, you need to wear a shirt long enough to cover your bum. ESPECIALLY when going to work. I saw 3 people on my morning commute today wearing leggings as pants with a top that came thisclose to being long enough, but didn’t quite make it. It is not appropriate to wear skin tight pants at work, because when you get right down to it, leggings without a top of the appropriate length are just that, skin tight, spandex pants. When has that ever been ok?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails