Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Handy Tip

I keep an extra pair of thigh highs in my desk drawer for two reasons. The first you can probably guess. You never know when you're going to put a run in the absurdly delicate things, or have a meeting with conservative clients pop up when you forgot to wear your stockings. I favor Hanes Silky Reflections Lace Top thigh highs because they're not terribly expensive, they don't create any weird bulges or have freakishly constricting control top across the belly, they come in realistic skin tones, and when I ruin one I don't have to trash a whole pair, just put on one new leg. They suit all my needs.

The second reason I always keep some spare pantyhose around is slightly less common. Say you make it all the way to work only to realize you have deodorant all over your shirt, or you dripped a little latte on your skirt, these little babies are miracle workers. Simply bunch up a thigh high into a tight little ball, or pull the stocking taught over your knuckles. Then rub the stain like there's no tomorrow. It gets deodorant off of clothing every time without weird damp patches or little balls of paper towel. Ditto for most other surface stains.  And, it's something I have on hand far more often that a shout wipe or a tide pen.

How do I know this? To tell you the truth, I can't even remember where I learned this little gem I've been doing it so long. But if I had to guess, it would probably be from when my dad subscribed me to Good Housekeeping magazine for about a year. That magazine was FULL of handy little tips like this.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails