Thursday, October 14, 2010

Don't forget to get your Flu Shot

It's that time of year when everyone around you is dropping like flies. I've seen it my office already. I came down with a nasty cold myself, and countless people have been in and out of the office for colds and stomach bugs. Unfortunately viruses aren't all that preventable. I wash my hands regularly, I take airborne when I start to feel sick, and in general I'm a pretty healthy person, but sometimes I still get sick. That's just how it is.

There is one bug this time of year that's easy to prevent with a teeny tiny shot in your arm. The Flu. As someone who has had the flu many times (once twice in a year!), trust me. Even if you are afraid of needles, the small pain is much better than the chills, fever, vomiting, congestion, and other unpleasant side effects that come along with the flu. And no, you won't get the flu from the vaccine. I don't know why people keep spreading around that nasty little rumor.

This year's vaccine protects you against 3 different strains of the flu, INCLUDING last year's H1N1 virus. And if you don't have a doctor you see regularly, or insurance, many drug stores are offering flu shot clinics with cheap shots. If you're looking for a flu clinic near you, check out the CDC's flu shot finder at this site. You can stop stockpiling Tamiflu you bought off the internet now. I'm getting my shot tomorrow.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails